Friday, September 5, 2008

Romans 8:38

Hi!!! Hammy here. Yes, I'm finally back from my trip to UK. Miss me? I had been a way or quite some time now, and thus, the blog haven't been updated for quite some time. Now that I'm back, this blog is going to be up and running again like the old days, depending on whether my paws can keep up. Alright, Jim has something to share about Romans 8:38, a bible verse that he recently fell in love with. Here is what he has to say:
Hi. Jim here. How are all of you? I have something to share about Romans 8:38. I stumbled upon this verse while doing my quiet time. It was so so so so beautiful. I loved it so so so much until I want to memorise it, and guess what, I did. Here is the verse:

"For I can assure you that
neither death nor life,
neither angels nor demons,
neither past nor present,
neither any power,
neither height nor depth,
neither any creation in this world
that can separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus, our Lord. " Romans 8:38

Beautiful isn't it? To sum it all up, it's just saying nothing, nothing in this world, and nothing in the spiritual realm, nothing in all creation, and nothing that is known to exist can separate us from our love with God. Why? Because God's love is powerful and it goes beyond anything. His love for us surpasses all things. It is so powerful that nothing can break it, just like diamonds that can't be cut but God's love is way way way tougher and stronger than diamonds. I fell in love with this verse because it is so comforting to know that God loves me, and at the same time, non can break our love relationship. Awesome!! God loves each and everyone of us. He even gave His son, Jesus, to die on the cross for us. John 3:16 says:

" For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only begotten son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

The act of God , giving His one and only son to die for our sins is just like sacrificing my own sweet cute little daughter to die for a bunch of ants. Ya, you might think, why do such a thing? Why sacrifice for a bunch of useless ants that are so weak. Why? The same thing applies to us. We, are like the ants. Useless, weak and worst, sinful in nature. By right, we have nothing to do with God because He is so holy, and who we are? Just mere sinful humans. BUT, God, a holy God, almighty God, everlasting God, the God that created the heavens and the earth, came to us, loves us, and wants to be involved with us. He wants to be with us. That's why He gave His son, Jesus, to die on the cross for our sins. He's giving us a chance to repent, admitting that we are sinners, and surrending our lives to Jesus by believing that He died for us. He's giving us a golden opportunity to be His children, to establish a relationship with Himself. To be continued....

God loves you.


No comments: