Friday, December 12, 2008

It's different now

Hi all. Yes yes, it's been a long time since I last blogged. Jim here by the way. Hammy? No idea where he is. I think, still on the way back. Don't worry, when he's back, you'll know.
.
Alright, so what's this "It's different now" post about. Haha, nah, just want to say a "few" words, and to also to keep my blogging momentum going. If not, you know what it will become.
.
I recently attended a church retreat organised by my church in Batu Pahat. Being away from this church for such a long long time, many new faces that I come across. Old friends of mine are either away on a holiday, still studying, or, disappeared. (The latter was a joke, haha). Yea. so, technically, I have no 'gang' there. You can say that most of the time I was alone. Yup, Jim, alone. Because, I don't really mix well with the "younger" generations of youth. I'm considered the older generation. Haha, not a surprise.
.
If I were to reflect back to my old self, my "younger" self, everytime when I feel lonely, I will always turn to my handphone. Yes, my saviour (at that time). What about the handphone? I will take my handphone out, and start texting(for those of you who are not sure, it's sms'ing in other words). Texting who? This and that lor...(aiya, you know la). I find great joy in doing that. I'd rather text than fellowshipping with others. That's back then.
.
Now, it's a little different. After becoming "single" again (not that I had...anyway...) , it's different now. Hence, the title for my post. Now, it's different. I told you that I was feeling a little lonely in the camp right? This time, I'm not so much of "I-need-my-handphone-to-text-people" anymore. This time, I don't need to because, there's no need to. Why should I? I'm like, more, liberated now. Haha, off with the burden or the "obligation" of needing to text people or to satisfy my "emoness". (Hey, I realised that I used a lot of quotation marks). It's different now.
.
I always salute this friend of mine. She really inspired me alot. Everytime when she's lonely, she talks to God. Everywhere she goes, she talks to God. Even waiting at the airport for her flight to arrive, she talks to God. That goes to show her closeness with God. Amazing! Awesome!. I had since tried to do so, and I'm still trying.
.
Haha, now the BGR part. Hehe. I had learnt it well, and had learnt it the hard way. It's so easy to be tricked by the devil and yet you do not know it. When you are attached, becareful. Do not be too focused till you lose focus on God. The devil will trick you and telling you "hey hey, you Christian, she christian, haha, it will be a wonderful relationship. It will surely work out well". Ain't that sound soothing to your ears? BECAREFUL!! This is where you must be aware. In my opinion , so what? So what both of you are Christians? If you were to think or ever thought of this "when I wake up, she will be the first that I'll think of, and before I sleep, she will be the last that I'll think of", you better think twice. Please think over your priorities again and where God is in your life. I learnt this the hard way. One of my leaders told me that if you don't even care to fix your mistakes, God will do it for you, and it wouldn't be that pleasant.
.
Looking for mr or mrs right? To do that, you'll first need to BE mr and mrs right. How? PUT GOD FIRST. Exactly!! You put God first in your life, He'll surely reward you. That's a promise sa found in the book of Luke "..seek Ye first the kingdom of God and it shall be added unto you..".
.
You want my opinion about BGR? Haha, one phrase :
.
"Let emotions be emotions, and let God , be God"
.
Now, what is this jim talking about? We are humans. It's natural that we have chemistry with the opposite gender. Agree? God created us this way . Of course, emotions will be stirred up, but, I will just let my emotions , be my emotions, and not let it interfere with my relationship with God. At the same time, I will let God , be God. May His will be done in my life. Whoever He wants me to be with in future, may His will be done. I will not think with my own mind, but will think with God's wisdom and to learn to see things through His eyes.
.
Yes, I think I talked too much. Surprised that I typed so much. Alright, I shall now, er...haha, go and do other things. By the way, I'm going to HK for holidays. See you all soon. Take care and God bless.
.
jim

No comments: